American Idol Finals

In a nutshell, "Imagine" won the title for David Archuleta. That kid can bring it! He stepped up his game tonight and gave his best performances of the season.

That being said, David Cook is the better all-around performer. As much as I would love to see him win, I think that it might be better for him to come in second. He wouldn't have to do all the publicity after the AI season and could go home to spend more time with his brother before the tour starts.

I agree with Simon that David Cook's last selection was a mistake. Moments before Simon commented, I said that David should have done "Billy Jean," "Hello," or "Eleanor Rigby" again. But, mastering "The World I Know" shows David Cook's range and ability to bring something fresh.

No matter what happens, these young men are certain to have very strong careers in front of them.
0 Responses