God is Getting Some Glory!

Only two more days until the OCCWF Spring Writer's Day and I've caught the cold. Yuck!! But, I am doing my very best to get over this thing - lots of liquids, gargling every 30 minutes (double yuck) and two naps yesterday.

Because of the two naps, I wasn't ready for an early bedtime so DH and I stayed up to watch American Idol. I know - some of you just don't understand the craze. I was a prideful non-AI watcher for years but I've been sucked in. All I can say is, don't knock it until you try it.

Interestingly, there's usually a lot of Christian talent on AI and it's been fun to cheer our brothers and sisters on. However, this season I wasn't all that sure if any of the contestants were Christians or not. Previously, we've had outspoken Mandisa (who I just love!), Chris Sligh and Melinda Doolittle - and that's just the first three names that came to mind. Jordin Sparks, Carrie Underwood - I could go on and on. But, this season, I just wasn't sure (maybe Kristy Lee Cook?) and, to be honest, hadn't taken the time to find out.

Anyway, we watched our taped version of AI so we could skip all the commercials - well, except the Mac ads, of course. Unfortunately, our DVR missed the last few minutes but it didn't seem to matter much so we almost turned off the TV. But, when we hit erase on the DVR, it took us back to FOX so we went ahead and rewound to see what we missed.

And what we missed left us with our mouths hanging open!! I think I used the word surreal about 10 times. Check it out:



The American Idol finalists sang Shout to the Lord. One of the most famous, if not THE most famous praise song of all time. Go Darlene Zschech and Hillsongs!!! GO GOD!!!!

They did change the first line from "My Jesus" to "My Shepherd" which was a disappointment but other than that, the words stayed exactly as written. I couldn't have been more blown away.

AI has featured a number of Christian songs lately. On Tuesday, guests The Clark Brothers sang "This Little Light of Mine." Then, Jason Castro sang "Travelin' Through" (a quick Google search makes me suspect Jason might also be a believer). David Archuleta sang "Smokey Mountain Memories" and Dolly Parton sang a song about "Jesus and Gravity." Again, I might not agree with the theology in all these songs but whenever Jesus is mentioned on TV as something other than a swear word, then I've got to say
AMEN!
0 Responses