January 21, 2008

First post of 2008. As my other blog, Gathered Chick, indicates, this year hasn't quite gone as I expected it would.

During the last two weeks I've really struggled with the whole idea of writing. I am completely unqualified and often dread even composing a simple thank-you note. I asked God for clarity on this issue and got a firm "move forward" from Him during the weekend message at church.

Our pastor taught on Matthew 13:1-23, the Parable of the Sower. He called the person in verse 22 "The Chronically Conflicted." This person wants Christ to be a good addition to their life, instead of having Christ be their life. I cried as I realized that God has spoken to me over and over that He has a story He wants me to write. If Christ is indeed my life, then who am I to say I can't or won't do this because I'm scared or fear failure.

I want to be the person in verse 23 who is all-in and produces a bountiful crop. So, here I am. Ready to do the Lord's will. (But still saying "eeek!" at the prospect.)

Yesterday I went to the Apple store to check out their low end laptops. I asked God to please stop me from buying the laptop if this isn't what He wants or to please give me the go-ahead if this is His will. Through some circumstances, I believe I got His "move forward" again. My laptop should be here in a couple of weeks and I'm actually a little excited about it.

~H
0 Responses