January 22, 2008

I had lunch with my dear friend, Sheri, today. (Hi Sheri!)

I poured out my heart and my feelings of conviction about how stupid writing feels to me. I've said it before but I am not qualified for this task. Sheri encouraged me to just break up this major to-do into little tasks -- and WRITE! I need to get past the frustration of not having things the way I want them and start moving forward. (Thanks Sheri!!)

Sometimes I'll troll the internet looking for some kind of encouragement only to be discouraged in the end. Reading blogs about other people's cute toddlers or new cars or how very difficult it is to be a professional writer tends to drag me down a little rather than building me up. That is actually why I started the Gathered Chick blog in the first place. I was talking to God about my discouragement after doing a little internet surfing and I felt His leading to start a blog of my own to encourage anyone who might read it. And I'm not sure many people are reading it but I hope it encourages them.

On another note, if you were taught, as I was, that God and the pronouns to describe Him should be capitalized but are noticing that some authors don't follow this rule, check out this incredibly informative article to learn more: http://www.allaboutgod.com/the-write-way/issue-28.pdf.

~ H
0 Responses